Benzyl chloride continuous production process is researched and developed independently by LUXI Group based on the advanced technology. This technology was recognized by Liaocheng Science and Technology Office as an internationally advanced technology, and was recognized as a proprietary technology by China Petroleum & Chemical Engineering Survey and Design Association. It was awarded Second Prize for scientific and technological advancement by China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation (CPCIF).
The process uses rectification and chlorination columns to continuously chlorinate toluene, and made breakthroughs in toluene rectification, continuous process of stable feeding, chlorination, discharge, product purification, vent gas copious cooling and recycling, energy recycling and consumption reduction. We developed continuous process to replace batch production, upgraded automation, and improved product quality, and built the largest single production line in China. Our process has the advantage of low investment, low material and energy consumption, simple process, high level automation, long production period, low pollution, and low cost. This technology is mainly used in benzyl chloride production with toluene and chloride as raw material. It has more advantages for plants equipped with chlor-alkali facilities that can continuously supply chloride. Benzyl chloride produced via this technology enjoys higher quality than China Industrial Standards.
This 80 KTA single production line makes full use of resources, save investment and space. The plant takes an area of 6000 square meters and requires a construction period of 12months. Additionally, we also have the capability and experience to build projects with capabilities less than 80 KTA.
1. Continuous chlorination process unit in benzyl chloride production (Patent No.: ZL200810014376.2)
2. A process to absorb toluene in vent gas in benzyl chloride production (Patent No.: 200810139563.3)
3. Movable trays in chlorination column (Patent No.: 200820171793.3)
4. A type of toluene distributor (Patent No.: 200920239778.2)
5. Automatic control devices for continuous chlorination in benzyl chloride production (Patent No.: 2008920225503.9)
6. A type of enamel reactor foundation (Patent No.: 200820224614.8)